Monday, February 16, 2009

Été par la Baïe: Duxiemme

"Ratman boieeee!!"
Never a dull moment with you around,
it may be you whom I speak about
when I speak of mischief, when I speak of having fun.

It just may be the sounds of the early morning engine roars
or the slamming of the waves on the Bay shores.
The delicate shimmering of the sun's shine,
the songs of the intoxicated uncle of mine.

Or the sound of Mind. Body. And Soul
pulling out for his first shift stroll.
Dogs barking as workers head up the street
perfumed to impress, dressed elegantly, from head to feet

My sweet Thad joining me as I reminisce,
Buju on that ryhthmical, poetic, revelling bliss,
Roadside, Superdog, and my coward friend,Way-zhim, miss
you I do. Standing at the edge of a monument such like this

living a moment such as this, what can be better than now?
The sounds of shells echoing throughout the vicinity.
Angry shouts of vendors, helpers, and passers-by.
Screams of the men hungry for power,
drought of patience flowing from their heads to their bodies
puffed up, boastful, and mad!

Oh! I lived for it. Through it. With it.
I live it! Somewhat, still proud of what I left, I met.

Loverboy Casnel, sweet as lust,
carried Kayak passion, never missing a beat.
Muggie, friend till the end. Your birthday, shant be the same.
Hotel California. Restroom California. Never shall I check in
Unless for death, still then, I shant reach that counter.

The quiet ease of mid-day. Resting upon bambooed stools
cheap talking, booze consuming our thoughts
then the onset of invaluable agrument...ah!
Whosoever claims right sits on the wrong,
and he whosoever claimed wrong sat wrong.
We all just want our opinions to count, our views overstand.

So I'm drifting from the bullshit to the next starship.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sound of the Darvie boys rolling in like Hell's Angels
1-2-3-where's Ferron?
4-5-6-is it already pass afternoon?
The fatigue on his face says it all,
the boat stunts under the Jetty to the edge of Sauteurs cusps,
sliding and gliding, running from the setting sun.
Go Ferron, go!

Block tripping, hanging like leeches with not a better to do.
8-balls and Q-balls collide. Sea gulls decorating boats hauled in,
buses coming in, buses going out.
Marli's view, looking out to the islands in nowhere land,
tired from the trekking, sweating from the heat of happiness
Upon high rocks I stand
par la Baïe,
Sauteurs is the absolute bestest!!

Pea

~Bay Princess~

1 comment:

  1. Niice! This poems got great flow!
    You do a good job depicting all those moments! When I read it I imagined walking down a street and actually living in the words you wrote!

    ReplyDelete