Thursday, November 6, 2008

Learning Through Teaching

I am a major 'do it yourself' type person. I will try it first, and if I cannot succeed, then I seek help. In this case, I brought help to myself through teaching. I am not a professional teacher and my student does not have a choice; he needs to learn something....anything.
I have been trying to teach two (2) subjects, basic subjects, to my student. This began during the January of two thousand and eight (2008). I got really frustrated because whatever I taught was not 'staying' in my student's head, but I continuously blamed myself. I blamed myself for not knowing first off, how to teach, and secondly, not being able to get whatever knowledge I have, to my student so that he would be able to understand. Well, with all experience that we may go through, the beauty of the outcome is that we all should understand and be able to learn from our experience. And I have gotten up to one step of this learning ladder; while my student learn, I learn, too. We both have to do our fair share of work. I prepare and teach, my student should listen and practice.
This is the obvious. Why could I not grasp that, because I did not pay any attention to my student. It's sorta like the relationship between my trumpet and I...but that's a whole new and different story.

No comments:

Post a Comment